Our mission is to be, in conjunction with Transfiguration Lutheran Church, a warm, loving, healthy, and safe Christian environment for our community. As children of God, we teach and model positive self-image, individuality, independence, and respect of other’s rights and properties. Children will be offered the opportunity to grow and develop spiritually, cognitively, emotionally, and physically.
- In 1985 there was a need in the community and Transfiguration Lutheran Church started TLC-ELC to help meet that need
- Started toddler program in 1990
- Accredited through National Association of Educators of Young Children since 1992.
- Started an infant program in 1994
- Started a private kindergarten in 1999
- Official Ministry of Transfiguration Lutheran Church since 2001
- Over 30 young adults, who used to attend as children, have worked for TLC-ELC
Basic program goals have been developed to promote the spiritual, emotional, social, intellectual and physical development of each child. The goals have been developed based on the philosophy that each child is a unique individual with a variety of interests, needs and abilities. Through daily activities, each child will learn of his/her self-worth through seeing their importance in God’s eyes, while also learning the importance of others and respecting their rights. The teachers blend the nationally recognized Creative Curriculum with TLC-ELC’s program goals as the framework to develop their classroom curriculum. They use the needs of the individual children as their focus for the curriculum in the writing and implementation of lesson plans to guide their daily activities. The Creative Curriculum philosophy is that children learn best by doing, it is active participation and thinking. Play is the foundation of this academic learning. Through play, children learn abstract concepts.
TLC-ELC is currently using Teaching Strategies GOLD in our ongoing observational system for assessing children. This is a developmentally appropriate method of observation-based assessment.
Conferences are offered to the parents at least twice a year. This is their formal opportunity to discuss their child’s intellectual, physical, social and emotional progress. These conferences are documented and copies of the child’s progress is offered to the parents if they wish to keep them, a copy is also kept in the child’s file.
Why you should choose TLC-ELC:
All centers are unique in their own ways. We feel that what sets us apart from other centers are the reasons why you would want to choose TLC-ELC for your child care needs:
- Low teacher to child ratios and group sizes:
- NAEYC nationally Accredited since 1992
- Low staff turnover
- Director has been with TLC-ELC since 1989
- Average full time staff have been at TLC-ELC for 14 years
- Average of all staff have been at TLC-ELC for 10 years
- Christian based program
- 4 Star – Parent Aware Program